Things to know
- The average museum visitor spends 2 1/2 to 4 hours touring the facility.
- Your tour is self-guided.
- There is no heat or a/c in the facility. It can be cold in the winter and hot in the summer
- Wheel Chairs are available for $5 first come first serve bases weight limit of 200 Lbs apply
- We accept VISA, MC, Discover, and Cash only - NO personal checks
- The museum is housed inside a 330,000 square foot facility
- There are benches throughout the museum for resting.
- Parking is free
- For reservations please call the museum to schedule your group at least 2 weeks in advance
- Groups of 15 or more (children 4 and under do not count) will receive a discount admissions price of $9 per person.
- Group leader or organizer is responsible to collect all admission fees for the group and be in charge of the admissions for your group.
- No individually paid admissions allowed for discount.
- Groups can bring a box lunch and utilize our cafe area or picnic area please police your site.
- The Museum reserves the right to refuse admission to any group.
The Tank Museum offers private paid openings with reservations. We can open to large groups (30 or more) paid in advance with at least a week's notice. We would need to know the date and time you wish to visit. Please contact Natasha Gasser, Director at the museum Monday-Friday from 10am to 3pm at at 434.836.5323 to schedule a tour.