M20 Armoured Car
The M20 Armoured Car was built by Ford in 1944. The M20 was used widely as a reconnaissance and patrol vehicle, and many M20's are still in use around the world today. This particular M20 was last used by the Canadian Army for patrolling air fields. Approximately 3, 791 M20's were built and are still being used most notably in many African nations. The M20 was not an amphibious vehicle, but could ford a depth of 48". This vehicle has undergone a complete restoration, which took 6 years to complete. Mr. Robert Sabia, Museum volunteer from New York started this restoration and museum staff member Daniel completed it. This vehicle can be seen in many parades and events in the area.
CREW: 4 WEIGHT: 9 Tons
ENGINE: Hercules, 6 cylinder, gas
SPEED: 56 MPH RANGE: 350 miles
MAIN ARMAMENT: M2 .50 Calibre Browning Machine Gun
A.A.F. Tank Museum
Copyright © 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 American Armoured Foundation, Inc..